Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Post Holiday Letdown

The Holidays...

We rush around, making all kinds of plans, shopping, gift making, baking, planning meals, sending cards and letters, decorating the house...

An early photoshop project

I got creative, made gift tags and gift certificates for some creative thingies I had planned to stitch up for everyone the week AFTER Christmas, as I had the week off. Invited them all to New Year's Eve dinner at my house (what was I thinking?)...

This year's photoshop gift tags

Then I got a nasty bug and was sick all night on Monday. Tuesday I was pretty puny. Today I had just decided to go ahead with my plans, though the sewing was lagging behind. Then my brother, who lives in the other side of my house, told me he is sick now. That means his kids will get it and nobody better come up here!  It seems like everyone I know has had this 'bug' and we don't want to pass it around any more.

Yes, I can create

Yes, I have post holiday letdown. I don't feel like sewing or doing any more cooking or much else at the moment...

Cutting & pasting

But I still have 4 days left of vacation and have hopes that I will do something creative with that time.
I might finish the e-course in Photoshop Elements by Kim Klaussen, actually do the sewing projects, start cutting and pasting again and make collages, look into that etsy store idea more closely, do some housework...

Affordable art

Okay, that's better. I have a goal or 5 or 6.  I CAN create some value in the next 4 days, and hopefully continue the momentum into the new year. Though my Buddhist practice stresses goal setting, I often forget and "just go with the flow." But I usually try to come up with clear goals for the new year. What do I want to do this year? What can I accomplish? What would I love? What do I need?

Spread your wings and fly!

It's easy to forget ourselves to the pressures of life, family, work, etc. but making some clear personal goals is a gift we can give ourselves. What gets you motivated? What do you want? What do you need? What do you dream of doing, having, seeing? 

Spread your wings and fly!
Sherry

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry!
    So sorry you're not feeling well~here's to hoping you are on the mend and better by New Years!
    I LOVE your artwork! Thanks so much for sharing!
    I got your email..so weird that you can't comment on my blog. :-/
    Oh well.
    As far as MY personal goals..to spend more time in my studio..make it a priority for me.
    Hope you have a Happy and fun New Year's!!
    Blessings,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry, so glad to see you were able to post again. But sorry to hear you have been sick. There was a few weeks here where everyone seemed to be passing around a bug. My oldest and I had colds that lasted at least 10 days. Must have been the flu for me as I had fever for a couple of days two. Thankfully we are all better now. I never felt so icky for so long. I just love your tags and collages. Beautiful work! I have a hard time with goal setting. I don't have any clear idea of what I want or need or where I want to go. I am usually the type that just goes with the flow. I do know I need to get organized but that takes a lot of work so I keep putting it off. I lack focus so never can get things done. If I would get organized then I might actually be able to find stuff and then maybe I could create. Aaagghhh! It's a vicious cycle! Take your time, relax, breathe, create and feel better. Happy (almost) new year. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations - and you can do all this in your post holiday winddown?!!! Where do you get your energy!

    Just wanted to wish you a wonderful and blessed new year - thank you for being a part of my blogging family and for making me feel so special through through your visits.

    xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, sorry you are sick and others in your family as well. We have a houseful at the moment and some are fighting colds, etc. Not fun. Hope you feel better soon and can get to some of those fun projects. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, You make me laugh! The only things I managed to create this season were the gift tags, everything else is older-So, I'd better get back to work! Thank you and everyone for visiting and wishing me well! I'm feeling better already!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is lovely and inspiring... My short term goal is to get my studio organized... my dream is to make a living with my art... What I need (and have) is inspiring friends like you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry,
    I`m happy to see you are now feeling better,again-that hopefully gives you a wonderfull new years eve- being fit for welcoming the new year.
    I so love your blackbird art piece- it is gorgeus.
    I try not to have many goals, as I from experience knows ,they don`t work....If I`m ready to do things, I do them-if not --also with the goal of doing them---I don`t!!!!
    Sherry I wish you a most lovely newyears eve-and a happy and healphy New Year.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, these are gorgeous!!!!!!
    you need a liitle break! just relax, spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it all dear Sherry, your art is amazing. It is nostalgic and sensitive, so poetic and so esthetically pleasing.
    I hope you recovered in time for yesterday celebrations and I would like to wish you and yours a very happy New Year - may 2011 be a great one indeed.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry, I love your artwork. You are making me want to find some supplies. Well, I guess I have most of them already. :) ,but I don't have your special touch! Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherry, you are amazing. I love it all. Have a wonderful 2011! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sherry, your art looks amazing, hope you are feeling much better. Thanks for stopping by the gathering nest.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sherry, Just stopping in to say hello and I hope you are feeling much better now. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherry,
    Life has been crazy this fall & I haven't blogged like I'd like to, saying that I had to catch up on some posts. Your collages are wonderful!!! You have a real gift for placement & balance. Of course who wouldn't know that with your photography! Spread your wings, my fave. Love the frame in the middle of the page like that. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Please stop in and say Hello ~ I love to hear from you, my friends!