Sunday, February 7, 2010

Its all in the ATTITUDE

Well, the last 15% of the Craft Room Redo is moving pretty slowly. If only I had more time off!  I'm so ready to retire, but need to work at least 5 more years and pay off the new car.  I keep reminding myself that the job supports my habits: it pays for my cozy home, my good food, my art, my travels and the insurance that takes care of me.  I must adjust my ATTITUDE!  So here's a little piece by Charles Swindoll called--


The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
Attitude to me is more important than facts.
It is more important than the past, than education, than money, 
than circumstances, than failures, than success, 
than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.
It will make or break an organization...a school...a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday
regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.

We cannot change our past...
we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have.
And that is our attitude...

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 
90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you...

Hope you all have a great week!


  1. Oh, yes, so very true! Thank you for sharing this with us, Sherry!

  2. Sherry, truer words I think, have never been spoken. Happiness is a choice. How we choose to look at our lives can either make us happy and content or sad and miserable. I am trying to convince my sweet husband of that because right now he is in a job that he hates, but really isn't in a position to change. We must focus on the positive things in our lives everyday. What we focus on is what we get!!! Thank you for sharing this. I'm going to print it out and give it to my sweetie!

    My Desert Cottage

  3. This is oh so very true and I remind myself of this every day. There are many days when I would like to stay in bed, or stay home and do other things, but I have a great job at the school my kids attend, my boss is wonderful and there are so many people who have so much less. I have no right to complain and have to give thanks for each and every day and its blessings. Thanks for visiting my side of the world. Have a great day! :) Tammy

  4. I think you should know that the first 85% of any project takes 85% of the time and the remaining 15% of the project also takes 85% of the time. I hope you're finding plenty to enjoy at work; I know you're finding plenty to enjoy in your life.

  5. Oh yes indeed. I agree that attitude is so important. If you approach everyday with a good attitude and lots of fortitude then you have a receipe for success!

    Thanks for always visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments. You are a sweetie. I love visiting you too.


  6. Staying Cozy and Loving life. No worries! Good reminder about attitude!

  7. There is a big "A" in attitude isn't there. That's a great quote from Swindoll. Thanks for sharing. I have to work on that a lot.

  8. Sherry, so true! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. That's how I try to live my life - with a good attitude, keeping on keeping on and being GRATEFUL. Even the hurts can be used to advantage and I like to believe mine have made me a more compassionate person and not a bitter one.
    Blessings to you. This was a beautiful post.

  9. Hi Sherry, thank you for sharing....we all have those days, especially during this time of year when we just want to stay tucked into our warm houses and nest. I need to take you lead and clear my studio again...stay warm - xo Julie

  10. I just found your blog today...and what a rich reward was mine for the searching! I loved the poem about Attitude. Your photography is wonderful! Glad to have found you.

  11. Diana, thanks for signing on as a follower! And thanks to all for the comments! I love to hear what you have to say! Love, Sherry

  12. Yes...attitude is the key to happiness! Thanks for coming by and I hope you have some good luck finding some more BLUE RIDGE POTTERY:)


  13. I also forgot...I have added you to my sidebar:)


  14. Sherry,
    I'm printing your post & pinning it to my inspiration board. Wonderful! Lisa

  15. Good post, he is good, good reminder.


Please stop in and say Hello ~ I love to hear from you, my friends!