Friday, November 20, 2015

More Paintings.

Happy Friday~

Today I taught myself how to do watermarks on Photoshop elements. Why that program is so difficult for me, I'll never know! How do you do watermarks? Is there an easier way?


Year after year, I question the wisdom of doing art shows/craft fairs.  The last few years, it has been SO unprofitable, that I only do it for fun.  I did much better last weekend than I have for a long time. Not a lot of money, but maybe 3x as much as past shows.  I sold two of my old collage prints, many cards and altered notebooks. Of course, what carries me is my note cards.


I enjoy making my own cards, though it can be tedious. Printing, scoring, folding, trimming, stuffing the envelope inside and bagging. I keep thinking of having them printed, but they would look totally different with a white border. I enjoy controlling the colors and sizes and the whole look of them myself.


My next show is next Saturday, after Thanksgiving. It is more craft fair, so I am working on some crafty things that will sell cheaper than art.  BUT I hope I sell some of my art!


My current passion is 10 x 10" canvases. They are recycled from cheap department store art. I spend so much on art supplies, that I'm thrilled to find this great source. Many of them are marked down to just a couple dollars apiece.


I'm still working on this piece. I think it needs more background complexity. The photo color is way off, it is soft green and turquoise, with teal birds.  My computer photo editing program seems to have some trouble with greens. Even in my landscape photography the greens don't process the way I expect them to.


Still enjoying warm, lovely weather here in Massachusetts. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving with family and/or friends!

Hugs!
Sherry

Trusting your heart is where the magic happens... and where destiny starts to unfold.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Sherry, and welcome back.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
    Such a surprise to see your colorful cards, and read about you doing shows. I just stopped with that ,when closing my shop, 2 years ago !
    Your cards are so happy and wonderful, -you know I`m not a person using strong colors myself, but I like your style.
    Wishes and xx
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete

Please stop in and say Hello ~ I love to hear from you, my friends!